Tuesday, 23 December 2014

10 reasons why I want to live in America


I'm a Brit who likes to think she's an American at heart. There's so many reasons why I want to live in America when I'm older that I thought I'd put them in a list because why not (oh and I apologize if any of these are super stereotypical, I gathered all my information from my few trips to America and a lot of American TV shows so I'm probably wrong on a few things- please forgive me)

#1 To eat chipotle, Taco Bell and 'in and out' as often as I like

I'm a food girl: Wagamamas, Nandos, Yo Sushi, Pizza Hut, the list is endless. In an ideal world I'd eat out every night. In America there's so much food diversity that for a foodie like me it'd be heaven: though it's inevitable I'd gain a few pounds- a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

#2 To not have to watch American shows illegally online or wait 2 years for them to make it to the UK

American TV shows are just better in every way there's no doubt about that. The actors and the plot lines get me hooked from the word go, for once then it would be nice to feed my addiction without having to find myself a dodgy website to watch them on.

#3 To be with people who don't hold back  

There's just something about American personalities that I love. Americans are brash and accepting and outgoing and don't have that overwhelming politeness that filters a little bit of everything that British people say- sometimes us Brits are just a little too kind I think.

#4 To watch the latest movies weeks before anyone else in the world

Oh you lucky Americans, you have the best TV shows and get movies released a week or so before anyone else. Following lots of Americans on Twitter means more often than not I get a good deal of spoilers about what's gone down in new release films. I wonder what'd be like to see a film and not know what happens in the end?

#5 To have Disneyworld on my doorstep (hopefully I'd be living near one anyway)

Who doesn't love Disney? Yes Disneyland Paris isn't too shabby and it's only an hours flight away but it's not Disneyworld. Disneyworld is the creme de la creme, though I think I'd be poor from buying all the merchandise every time I visited, and I'm beyond jealous of those over the pond who can just drop in at the weekend.

#6 To not have to pay ridiculous shipping to import US only products to the UK

This doesn't even need an explanation.

~7 To go to be able to go to Sephora all the time without having to go to France 

As a beauty addict I've got some serious envy of those who have Sephora on their doorstep. Sephora is truly a beauty bloggers playground that I'd die to have access to whenever I fancy rather than having to make a trip abroad to have a look around.

#8 To be able to go to the beach even in December (obviously I'd be living on the West Coast or somewhere pretty warm)

It would be cool to actually wear my swimsuit more than once a year on a beach in Spain or somewhere. Yes I'm ginger and yes I don't tan but it would still be nice to be able to get some sun in the middle of winter even if I end up looking like a lobster. 

#9 To go to a typical American high school

I blame High School Musical and Zac Efron for kickstarting my obsession with this one but it would be a dream of mine to go to an American high school.

#10 To hear the America accent all day everyday 

The American accent is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. It's literally my favourite accent in the world and I could listen to it all day everyday (and not just on Netflix).

I want to live in America one day so much. I've been there a couple of times and it's just the place to be, I love it. Though I think I'd be poor from all the shopping at sephora. 

Where would in the world would you like to live?

Thanks for reading lovelies,

Elish xo