Tuesday, 30 December 2014

L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Collection Exclusive Lipstick: Eva's Nude


My mum is a big L'Oreal fan, she has sensitive skin and says there products are really good and high quality whilst being soft on the skin. L'Oreal also offers a full range of products from skincare to mascaras which is amazing for a drugstore brand as you've pretty much got everything you want under one roof. Despite my mum being a big fan, I've never actually owned anything from L'Oreal myself so I decided to pick up some products on a 3 for 2 deal and give them a go.

One of the products I picked up was a lipstick called 'Eva's nude'. It's part of the color riche collection in which a handful of celebrities create their own iconic lipstick colour, so far L'Oreal have released a red and a nude collection with 4 colours to choose from in each all priced at £6.99. I chose Eva Longoria's nude which surprised me since we're both completely different skin tone and style wise, however I do love the colour and it's so versatile that it suits any skin tone- whether you look like the beautiful Eva or not.


The packaging of the lipstick is super sleek. It follows in the example of Nars with a matte black finish which looks so professional- well for about a week or so before it gets dirty in my makeup bag, however it does wipe clean so that's a plus. I've clearly gone up in world because never before have I had a lipstick with the brand embossed into it but L'Oreal's really gone the extra mile here. Their is a slight scent to this lipstick, it's like candy mixed with cherries which I quite like it but if you don't like overly sweet scents you probably won't be a fan.


The colour itself is a stunning your lips but better. It's a subtle dark peach that goes on matte but finishes with a sheen. It's quite moisturising which probably explains why the staying power is only about 3 hours because it's all absorbed into your lips over the day. It applies smoothly but if your lips are even a little dry it clings to the dry sections and looks a little patchy. However I find that this patchy problem can be eliminated by giving my lips a little scrub with my Lush lip scrub (which I reviewed here) and then it goes on like a dream.

I've found myself wearing this lipstick a lot recently as I haven't been a fan of bold lips- mainly because I keep smudging them all of over my face. I love this lipstick for the £7 price tag and I'm super impressed with L'Oreal- no wonder my Mum's obsessed. I'm definitely planning on picking up some more L'Oreal products in the future.

Have you tried any products from L'Oreal?

Thanks for reading lovelies,

Elish xo

Twitter / Instagram / Bloglovin'