Sunday, 28 December 2014

Winter Lip Saviour: Lush Lip Scrub in Bubblegum

lush lip scrub in bubblegum review

I was lucky enough to receive a few Lush products for Christmas and I was beyond excited to find the bubblegum lip scrub among them. Every time I go into lush I shamelessly dip my finger in the bubblegum lip scrub tester and pretty much just eat it there and then because it tastes out of this world. I've always wanted to have my own so I don't have to continuously scrape the bottom of the tester jar to try and get just that last bit out for my chapped lips, but I've never actually picked it up. Needless to say I'm super happy to finally have this in my possession.

lush lip scrub in bubblegum review

The lip scrub is a moist sugary consistency that you simply apply to your lips and then remove (I like to just lick it off but if you're a little bit less in love with the flavour you can just wash it off). It leaves lips smooth and soft and is truly a winter saviour. My lips have been super dry recently, I mean it's winter, what did I expect? But this lip scrub has helped hold onto the last drops of moisture in my lips and has really reduced the chappedness (if that's even a word). 

Bubblegum truly does smell like bubblegum- or candyfloss- they both smell the same to me. Either way it smells amazing! It's super sweet and is pretty much identical in scent to the Lush snow fairy shower gel. It's probably not for you if you prefer a more subtle or spiced smell but if you love something girly and sweet then bubblegum's a winner!

lush lip scrub in bubblegum review

Bubblegum comes out of the jar not so bright pink and more of a soft baby pink which when applied to the lips leaves a little hint of colour which is a nice bonus. I find it best to be super soft when applying this or you can really make your lips sore. For example don't do what I did and apply it heavily onto my lips with my finger and then rub my lips together before licking it off, it was too much for my lips and they ended up more chapped the next day than they had been! Now- having learnt from my painful mistake- I apply this super lightly every other day or when my lips are feeling a little rough and it does leave my lips super soft- less is definitely more with this lip scrub.

Because you only have to use so little of the lip scrub to get kissable lips, this little pot seems to go a long way so £5.50 price tag doesn't seem so hefty. I've probably used mine about 6 or 7 times already and I haven't even made a dent- I could easily this lasted for a 100 little lip spa sessions. It contains a bunch of good and moisturising oils that obviously do the trick because I've boarded the train to soft lipsville with a one way ticket thanks to this little baby.

I'd like to try and pick up a couple more scents in the range soon because they all just smell so fabulous (and they don't taste so bad either).

Have you tried any of the Lush lip scrubs?

Thanks for reading lovelies,

Elish xo

Twitter / Instagram / Bloglovin'