Thursday, 11 December 2014

New in: Maybelline Color Drama Lipstick


I blame the Internet. I was perfectly happy with my little lipstick collection until I saw a review of these and knew I had to pick them up. Maybelline color drama lipsticks are new in, barginous, super pigmented and pretty much the best thing since sliced bread. I'm a bit of a lipstick newbie because I'm always scared that it'll smudge throughout the day or I'll end up with lipstick on my nose. I've steered clear of bold lip colours for a while and I have grown my nude collection instead, but when I saw these though I knew I couldn't just get another nude, the deeper purpley shades were just too good to leave on the shelf. These little beauties are just £5 and are supposed to be amazing dupes for the Nars velvet lip pencil which is over triple the price #bargainalert


Essentially this a lipstick packaged as a pencil, which is amazing for travelling because these take up half the room in your bag that a lipstick would. The formula of the color drama is super pigmented and quite moisturising considering it's from a pencil. I expected these to dry my lips out but they do the opposite, they glide on to the lips so smoothly because of their moisture which means application is so quick and easy, these are probably my favourite go to lip product. The colour payoff is out of this world, even with one swipe the intensity of the colour is so strong that sometimes I have to apply with a light hand or it comes out too dark. They finish matte but with a little shine which I love- they really brighten your face on a morning.


Keep it Classy (left above and below) is possibly my favourite shade of 2014. It's a gorgeous dark pink with a hint of berry; it's dark but not too dark. It gives you that extra bit of drama but nothing too intense.

'Keep it classy'

'Berry much'

Likewise berry much (seen above and to the right above) is a beautiful light purple shade that adds depth and drama to your look without being overpowering. It's a perfect autumn/winter shade for dark lipstick scaredeycats (which I 100% am)- though I can't really see myself having the confidence to wear it in summer unless I become Beyonce. 'Keep it Classy' is  definitely an all year round shade that pretty much goes with anything- talk about good value for money.

The price point of these lip pencils is fantastic for a super pigmented product that's long lasting: I typically get about 5 hours wear out of these which for a £5 isn't bad. You also get a lot of ding for you dollar, I've used mine about 10 times already and haven't had to sharpen it so I've got high hopes for these lip pencils. I'd love to get my hands on some more soon, I love the idea of these lip pencils/ lipsticks.

Do you prefer a lipstick or a lip pencil?

Thanks for reading lovelies,

Elish xo