Saturday, 20 December 2014

Bye Bye Under-Eye Bags: Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer


I love to sleep, but I also love all night Netflix marathons and often the two don't go together very well. In a dream world I'd be able to watch Netflix all day and somehow sleep all day too. However until some scientist works out a magical way to fulfil my dreams, I instead spend a lot of time watching Netflix and a lot of time covering up my under-eye circles the next morning. 

On a morning when I'm feeling particularly tired I pretty much always grab my Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (the clue's in the name). It's not just an average concealer, it's a magical concealer. Wake Me Up has a faint shimmer to it which doesn't light you up like a Christmas tree but does catch the light and bring more brightness to your face- instantly making you look like you had at least 2 more hours sleep than you actually did last night. 



I have the lightest shade (010 Ivory) which I still find a little off colour for me, it's not too dark but it's a little too yellow for my blue undertones. Although the yellow undertones do help in brightening up your face as it gives your skin a touch of warmth. However if you're any paler than me and have cool undertones this concealer might not be for you (but I do live in hope that they will expand the shade range soon). 

The formula not as dry as other concealers so you don't have to worry to much about blending it straight away because you can still get a natural finish even if you apply it and then blend it out a couple of minutes later. The staying power on my skin is pretty much all day. I practically only use this under my eyes which aren't oily so the concealer does stick about for a while, though its coverage does decrease as the day progresses.


No makeup (after about 10 hours sleep on a weekend, usually on a school day I don't look this refreshed)


Unblended


Blended

As you can see, Rimmel Wake Me Up isn't super high coverage but it really does wake up your face. It's definitely brightening and I do feel like it makes a real difference to my face when I'm super sleepy- but not when I've got really dark under-eye circles because it's too light coverage to conceal them properly. 

Priced at £5.49 it's a bargain tube of goodness that brings that little something-something to your face when you need it- and I pretty much always need it.

What's your go-to concealer?

Thanks for reading lovelies,

Elish xo