Friday, 2 January 2015

15 things I want to do in 2015


So I suppose this is kind of like a New Year's resolutions post but at the same time it's kind of not. I'm not usually a fan of New Year's resolutions because I usually can't make it through January without breaking one of my resolutions- the pull of Cadbury's dairy milk always seems to be stronger than the want to stay healthy as I promised myself on the 1st of January (please tell me I'm not alone here).

Instead of making a bunch of unrealistic goals for 2015, I've decided to make myself a bucket list of 15 things I want to do in 2015. They don't need tonnes of effort achieve, like the inevitable 'get fit' that always seem to be top of my resolutions. My little list is more short and sweet and filled with things that I can tick off as I go- in the hope that I'll feel a sense of accomplishment in 2015 rather than the disappointment I usually feel in myself when I finally succumb to the seductive allure of Cadbury's dairy milk.

1) Climb a mountain (or maybe just a big hill)

2) Go to a concert

3) Visit a country I've never been to before

4) Get up before 7am to go for a run

5) Sleep under the stars (cliched I know but secretly I'm a tumblr girl at heart)

6) Learn a new skill (I'm hoping photography because it would be nice to know how to use my DSLR so I can take more nice photos of rocks like I did for that picture up there)

7) Make a YouTube video (it doesn't matter if no one watches it)

8) Spend a day phoneless

9) Get a job

10) Try a juice cleanse

11) Donate to a foodbank

12) Read a book in a day (and it has to be longer than 200 pages, don't be a wimp)

13) Go to Harry Potter Studios

14) Sign myself up for something I wouldn't usually do

15) Go to a blogger event

I'm getting excited for 2015 just looking at this list. I know that a lot of these aren't big or life changing but they're enough to push me out of my comfort zone and hopefully will make 2015 one hell of a year. I've already got plans to get some of these ticked off which I can't wait for! My amazing best friend Amy (who blogs here if you fancy a read) surprised me with Taylor Swift tickets which I'm still in awe of, I think I might be an emotional wreck by the time we finally see her in June- I'm such a Swifty! Also on exploring a new country my family are planning a trip for us in summer after my GCSEs so maybe I'll be able to tick that one off too.

I really hope I manage to tick everything off in 2015 and have an amazing time whilst doing it.

What things do you want to do in 2015?

Thanks for reading lovelies,

Elish xo

Twitter / Instagram / Bloglovin'