Thursday, 29 January 2015

Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Blusher Stick in Onomatopeacha


I don't think there's a thing from Soap and Glory that I've tried and haven't liked. My latest pick-up from Soap and Glory was from their makeup line which I seem to be a little bit obsessed with recently. The 'Sexy Mother Blusher sticks' are gorgeous little cream blushers in a matte black twist up tube. At £9 they're a lot more affordable than higher end products which do just the same as this (I'm talking about you here Clinique chubby sticks). They currently come in 3 colours, Onomatopeacha (which I knew I had to get immediately), Berry Jamm and Pinker Belle. As ever the names are super cute and creative and they definitely match the products.

Onomatopeacha is an absolutely gorgeous coral peach shade. It looks a bit bright in the tube and swatched but when on the skin it blends to a gentle glow which looks gorgeous on any skin tone. There's not a hint of shimmer in the blusher which I love because I find when blushes have shimmer in them it just ends up looking too shiny on your cheeks- I'd much rather use a highlighter to give my cheeks a bit of a glow than a blusher which tries to be a 2 in 1, so shout out to Soap and Glory for giving me that option and not making me look like a disco ball.



The formula of these is fab. It applies on the skin as smoothly as a foundation and blends out just as easily as one too. I do love a good cream blush because they seem to last so much longer that powder blushes because it's so much easier to build up a strong colour with less product. The pigmentation of these is also amazing, just one swipe of the blush is enough to create a subtle peachy cheek which looks so natural and definitely warms up the face. However I would be a bit careful when applying this as too much and just look like you've used your blusher as war paint. If you're a bit nervous about it being too dramatic I find it works just as well to pat it onto a brush before and then blend it into your cheeks. But I'm usually too lazy for that extra step and to be honest I find drawing the lines on my cheeks kind of fun- just me?


I love the ease of these little blush sticks. You can just dot it onto your cheeks and blend it using your fingers which gives you a gorgeous natural glow without a streak in sight (unless you've been a bit heavy handed which I'm definitely guilty of). I'm also a bit obsessed with the packaging, the matte black stick really does give it a high end look and I love the little touch of the coloured writing and lid matching to the colour of the blush. Packaging is always something Soap and Glory know how to do well and the matching blush/lid colour definitely saves me a few precious moments on a morning.

Soap and Glory have definitely done it again with this one, the packaging is gorgeous and the product is even better. I'd love to see a few more shades added to the range because I'd definitely be getting my hands on them ASAP.

What's your favourite Soap and Glory product?

Thanks for reading lovelies,
Elish xo