Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Tag You're It: The British Tag


Sometimes being British can be hard. In the north of England (where I'm lucky enough to live) it rains 200 days out of the year, and my hair does not look good when it's get wet- and it doesn't even look that good dry if I'm being honest so you can only imagine what the rain does to it. Also on the days when it's not raining it's likely that the temperature is below 10°C- so even in the middle of summer you still can't get your legs out. However I can't deny being British is fabulous. The incessant rain and dull weather means you don't have to shave your legs for weeks on end- saving heaps of time in the shower and leaving more time for Netflix which is always a plus. Being British also means you can wear jeans all year round and go anywhere in the world and people hang on your every word because of your accent.

All in all being British is pretty great, so when I saw there was a tag dedicated to Britain I knew I had to do it even if I hadn't been tagged (so sorry for breaking the rules, I guess I'm divergent)

How many cups of tea do you have a day? How many sugars?

I'm more of a latte or a fruit cooler type of gal but I do love a good cuppa every now and then. I'd say I have about 2 cups a week and when I do have them I like my tea with a bit of milk and 2 sugars (sometimes 3 but only when I'm making it myself so people don't judge my sugar addiction).

Favourite part of the roast?

Tough decision, I like it all smushed together. But if I had to choose it has to be mint sauce. I lather it over my sunday dinner no matter what meat I'm having. At the toby carvery (a restaurant that does Sunday roasts EVERYDAY) I empty the bowl of mint sauce no problem- I have an obsession.

Favourite dunking biscuit?

A good ol' digestive. Or a chocolate covered one because when the chocolate melts and goes all gooey my heart melts. There's nothing better than melted chocolate.

Favourite quintessentially British past-time?

I'm not sure if reading is specifically British but I always think it's a very British thing to do, especially on a Sunday afternoon with a nice cuppa.

Favourite British word?

'Pet' e.g you alright pet? It can also be lengthened to petal depending on the situation.

Cockney rhyming slang?

'Lady Godiva' meaning 'gimme a fiver' for those of you who are unversed in cockney rhyming slang.

Favourite British sweet?

I couldn't pick one with the sweet tooth I have so I've gone for the classic mix up. I love a 50p mix up with a bit of everything mainly because I'm super indecisive and if you made me pick one I'd leave the shop with none.

What would your pub be called?

'A Piece Of Elish' and as you walk in everyone would be given a laptop and a goodie bag filled with beauty samples and there would be free unlimited wifi and it would be filled with bloggers. Doesn't it sound great?

No. 1 British person?

If I was really patriotic I'd say the queen but there are too many amazing British actors and youtubers to choose from as well. My top British actor has to be Daniel Radcliffe #harrypotter4eva.

Favourite shop/ restaurant?

My favourite makeup shop is boots through and through but superdrug is a close second, clothes wise I love primark and topshop and for food shops I love anything that sells Ben and Jerry's mmmmm.

What's the first British song that pops into your head?

One Direction- Steal your girl. I literally blanked since all I've been listening to for 2 days straight is Taylor Swift. One Direction were the first actually British band I remembered.

Marmite- love or hate?

100% hate, why have Marmite when you could have Nutella?

It was so fun to answer all the questions and I really loved taking part in this tag- and it was my first tag post. If you think you'd have good time answering these questions then I tag you! I tag everyone that wants to do it- British or not- so that you don't have to break the rules like I did to do the tag.

Have you ever done a tag before? What was it?

Thanks for reading lovelies,

Elish xo

Twitter / Instagram / Bloglovin'